5/31/17

Things to Do - Project 52, Weeks 17 & 18

As cheesy as it sounds, this little collection of 2017's everyday moments makes me so happy.

As exemplified by the wise words of Ferris Bueller, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

darcytroutman (1 of 9)< darcytroutman (2 of 9)
darcytroutman (3 of 9)
darcytroutman (4 of 9)
darcytroutman (5 of 9)
darcytroutman (6 of 9)
darcytroutman (7 of 9)
darcytroutman (8 of 9)
darcytroutman (9 of 9)

WEEK 17

(1) DC's graffiti church - this place is amazing.
(2) P practicing the flute (in the spring concert, P had a duet and F had a solo).
(3) F jumping in front of Union Market's heart mural (during our mural photoshoot, which was crazy fun - the kids all had a blast).
(4) I found this note on my iPhone and it cracked me up.
(5) Seems to me like heavy reading for a 5th grader, but F loved both books.
(6) Best friends.
(7) The boys in the morning - I know I should try and limit screen time, but after school they spend all their time outside, so it seems harmless enough to let them play on devices before school.
(8) I know I post too many dog park photos, but we have a blast there.
(9) P and Laney arting on Saturday morning after their soccer game.

darcytroutman (1 of 8)
darcytroutman (2 of 8)
darcytroutman (3 of 8)
darcytroutman (4 of 8)
darcytroutman (5 of 8)
darcytroutman (6 of 8)
darcytroutman (7 of 8)
darcytroutman (8 of 8)

WEEK 18

(1) P outside the Smithsonian's Freer Gallery, helping me test out the light for a couple I'd be photographing there in a few days.
(2) Every time I think the kids have finally outgrown this old playhouse, they recreate it somehow. This time T tried to make Coco a doghouse, but she kept escaping.
(3) My house is always full of children and this makes me happy (for the most part).
(4) On Saturday, while on my way to P's soccer game, I saw two young children on our street - one had a wheelbarrow that he could barely push (it kept falling over) and one was on a bike. And I thought to myself, "what on earth are those random kids doing?" Of course, because this is my life, one of the random children ended up being my son. And the wood was for fort building in my front yard.
(5) P's art.
(6) P after soccer practice, looking tired and bad-ass.
(7) I chaperoned an overnight trip with P's 4th grade class to Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, and Great Wolf Lodge. And this not-very-good photo is the best photo I took (chaperoning is exhausting).
(8) P at Artomatic with me, on a cold rainy Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...