12/24/10

Things to Do - The First Snow of the Season

out

No matter how old I become, something magical always seems to encompass the first snow of the season. In Northern Virginia, the first "real" snow occurred last Thursday. The girls were in preschool when the flakes began, but T and I had a wonderful time watching the blanket of white appear. He kept grabbing my hand and leading me to watch with him at the backdoor, pointing and jumping. Later in the day, my husband came home early from work (which rarely happens these days) and took the girls outside while T napped. Then that night we had friends for dinner and the kids colored and played veterinarian with Mrs. Dog, while the adults drank a bottle (or two) of wine. All in all, a pretty ordinary day, but somehow the snow made it all seem special. And reminded me how blessed I am for everything in my life.

MERRY XMAS EVE EVERYONE! I HOPE YOUR HOLIDAYS ARE FILLED WITH JOY AND LOVE. SEE YOU ON MONDAY!

in

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree about the first snow! It always does seem magical, but seeing through the eyes of kids makes it even better. Love the photos, as usual! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Claudia! Merry Christmas to you as well!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...