2/18/11

Things to Do - Buy A New Kitchen (well, a little one)

orange

I, of course, love all my kids wholly and unconditionally and think they are the three most amazing little people ever. But I must say that of the three one has been a little more shall-we-say difficult than the other two. Some days life with T is just plain tough. He wants me to hold him, constantly, as in EVERY SECOND. On the upside, he has a huge heart - of all three kids, T, by far, is the most likely to run up and give me a giant hug the moment I walk in the door. And at these moments, my heart just melts (pardon all the cheese). But still other moments are trying. During our various outings I've noticed that T loves play kitchens. So for Valentine's Day we finally bought him this one (yes, if you're wondering, I chose it mainly because (1) it's not plastic, (2) it's aestically pleasing, and (3) it matches the other furniture in our kitchen) and what a happy little boy he has become. Now when I cook he cooks - less crying, less fuss. yay! The only problem being that he keeps stealing food from our refrigerator and hiding it in his kitchen. Messy food. So it goes.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE! I'm not sure how often I'll be posting next week. After a three year battle with stage four cancer, my father isn't doing very well, so I'm flying home today to be with him.

LINKS:

*Mumford and Sons, wow, just wow. Best music I've heard in a long time.

*The perfect winter salad recipe here.

*I love the idea of making your own birthday candles and it appears relatively easy. "Appears" being the key word.

*There's something so perfect about this picture. Just perfect.

*BadHausfrau has an etsy shop - YAY!! check it out!

wash

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there Darcy. Your friends are all thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came across your blog from a book question you responded to on DC Urban Mom. Turns out my big boy (Sean) is in P's preschool class :) Took me a little while to figure out why your kiddos looked so familiar. LOVE the kitchen. My boys loooove to cook too! This is a wonderful blog.

    Wishing you a safe trip. Thinking good thought for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pics of T. He holds a special place in my heart after your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check this out: http://awfullibrarybooks.net/?p=7357. It made me laugh! I prefer your things to make and do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for all your comments! Frau S I love the old book, I wish they had more excerpts. And Becca it's so good to meet you (small world)!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...