1/17/11

Things to Do - Buckethead & Warm Places for Cold Days

buckethead

Parenting can be so odd at times. Throughout December the girls battled constantly, every five minutes someone cried. So I tried to occupy the afternoons with lots of craft projects and books to keep the peace. Then January arrived and now they're best friends again. Totally on the same page, locked in their room for hours planning "balls" for various dolls, completely in sync. Even T's included in many of their plans; F's been "reading" books to him and helping him work with shape sorters. I'm sure by February the chaos will resume. But I must say, I'm loving the peace.

PLACES TO GO- WARM PLACES FOR COLD DAYS - LINKS:

*The Arlington Planetarium is currently showing "In My Backyard", which is geared at children 4-6, click here for info and times. As many of you have heard, the future of the planetarium isn't looking very bright, they need to raise $322,240 in private donations by the end of March or the county will close them down. If you've never been I highly suggest checking it out, it's really a great facility. Click here to donate (every little bit helps).
*KidFriendly DC has a fantastic list of kid-friendly live entertainment venues and their current shows. Circus Acts in 45 Minutes looks wonderful.
*Go Out and Play! posted a summary of all the area's indoor pools. Definitely worth a bookmark.
*The Nature Capital has a listing (including an area map) of all the area's nature centers. I especially recommend Long Branch and Hidden Oak for long cold days inside.
*Finally, I'll use this opportunity to plug my own list of great indoor venues.

HAVE A GREAT MONDAY EVERYONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...