1/4/11

Things to Make - Homemade Pumpkin Yogurt Facemask

20110103-january3 (1 of 13)

Welcome to Day 2 of GROWN UP WEEK on the blog. Today I'm going to make something myself for myself. How fun. In winter my skin tends to get a little "blah" looking, sort of grayish if you know what I mean. In order to solve this problem, I usually treat myself to microdermabrasion at Elizabeth Arden (or buy a Groupon for it somewhere else). But this year I'm working on frugality, which requires a new skin-improvement plan as microderm is a little on the pricey side. A year or so ago, I read about a homemade face mask recipe on DesignSponge and a few weeks ago I finally decided to give it a try, all I needed was 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree (available at every grocery store) and 2 tbsp whole-milk yogurt (harder to find, but available at farmer's markets and Trader Joe's and some grocery stores). When I mixed them together I had the best face mask ever. If you want to try it, leave the mask on for about 15 minutes and then rinse with water. You will glow. Trust me.

For more homemade bodycare recipes, check out this post. I haven't tried any others yet, but they look wonderful.

20110103-january3 (11 of 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...