2/21/14

Things to Do - Cherish This Day & Random Links

Untitled-1

Last Thursday we awoke to a neighborhood covered in inches and inches of winter white, school was canceled (of course) so we settled in for a day of laziness. Unfortunately, the skies were overcast and falling snow alternated with rain every few hours. F & T dressed for the arctic and played outside for awhile, while P and I stayed snuggled on the couch, somewhat disenchanted by so so many snow days this winter (I think we're at 7 now). Eventually friends came over - helping to create pirate ships, forts, and magical lands.

snowball

On Friday, the sun returned (in all of it's glaring brightness) and the huge piles of snow everywhere reminded me of exploded bars of ivory soap. I thought for sure school would resume, but they canceled again (and I spent all morning stating how "where I grew up, in Chicago, kids actually attended school. even when it snowed a little."). So we explored, F carrying a huge snow ball everywhere she walked.

sun

By Friday evening, all three kids had fully embraced the snow. T shoveled and shoveled (often taking snow out of the piles constructed by Dan and returning it all to the sidewalk, oh well "help" is such a tricky word when you have children) and P climbed and climbed. A good day. Though by Monday, I was over it all (the kids had a 5 day weekend, 6 days for T) and ready for school (and routine) to resume.

Now click on over to Cherish This Day to see what everyone else has photographing.

RANDOM LINKS:

* 27 Brilliant Print Ads. These are funny. Trust me.

* Samm Blake. She's just so so good.

* Awesome thrift store outfits for $20, oh Kelly Hampton, how you continue to impress me.

* The favorite books of all 44 US Presidents. Best. List. Ever.

* I want one of these.

* A vomit-free Valentine's playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...