3/11/14

Things to Make - Lemon Cayenne Water

untitled (5 of 6).jpg

Remember how Dan and I went on that 3 day juice fast a few weeks ago? Well, for the fist day and a half, juice was sort of awesome (esp. because I didn't have to cook or do many dishes during that time) and then I missed food. I finally caved around 3 pm on day 3 (in my defense, it was a snow day, so rules were meant to be broken).

Anyways, I'm not planning on repeating the fast anytime soon (though perhaps in the future), but I did fall in love with the fast's chosen breakfast drink - lemon cayenne water. And now I drink it all the time. Apparently, Beyonce lived on only lemon cayenne water for 2 whole weeks and lost 20 pounds . I WILL NOT be following Beyonce's lead, but it does make for a nice mid-day "snack" (it also goes well with cookies). Plus, the lemon is rumored to help with "cleansing" and the cayenne speeds up digestion. You can also add some maple syrup for sweetness if you prefer.

The recipe is pretty flexible, so here's a rough variation:

INGREDIENTS: fresh lemons, water, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup.

1. Cut a half lemon into slices and squeeze them into a glass of water.

2. Drizzle the top of the water with two shakes of cayenne pepper (add more or less to taste).

3. OPTIONAL - add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.

Yum. Seriously. Don't knock it until you've tried it. I especially recommend it if you're trying (like me) to kick a diet coke habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...