9/17/10

Things to Do - Smell Flowers and Play in Rain

rain2

attack

rain1

night


Even though I'm a stay-at-home mom, I'm actually quite awful at staying home with my kids. I'm always jealous of parents who can spend the whole day in the house and have a wonderful time (and a little awestruck by them). It's not that I don't try, but after a few hours the mess starts to drive me crazy, as does the destruction, the noise, and the inability to sit on a couch and read a book. Thus, we're always going places. Which is fun. But lately I'm trying to remind myself how fun it can be just to relax and look around and watch my children's minds at work - changing blocks into neighborhoods, throwing a birthday party for a stuffed animal, dancing to the Yo Gabba Gabba album. Or just smelling/attacking flowers and playing in the rain. Because some days you don't need to go anywhere. Really. Or so I keep trying to tell myself.

What about everyone else? What are the best ways to stay at home with kids and still relax? Any suggestions?

Have a great weekend! See you on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...