6/19/15

Things to Do - Take One Sh**** Photo a Day (May 2015)



In 2010, I undertook a 365 day project (one photo a day for a year, you can see some of the photos here). The whole experience made me grow as a photographer, but by the end I was ready for the project to end (my camera became a burden).

For the past five years I've tried to take on a similar project, but I couldn't make it work. I hated when the photos were bad or wrong and I constantly felt overwhelmed by the daily pressure to create something wonderful. Then, a few months ago, I stumbled upon this article, which made me realize that I needed to look at things in a new light.

Instead of pressuring myself to make something amazing, I'd allow myself the freedom to make something shitty. Lots of shitty images. Because, often, if you take enough shitty images, you'll stumble onto something non-shitty right around the corner.

And, crazily, without the pressure of perfection, I managed to capture some really "true" moments of our family life. So here they are, at least one photo a day (some days I added a few extra), from every day except May 12 and May 15th (for reasons I no longer remember, I felt incredibly lazy on the 12th and 15th). I tried to only include "outakes", but for the beach days I went with a few of my better shots.

If you need a creativity boost, I highly suggest taking shitty photos. Because sometimes shitty = awesome.

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!! Today's the last day of school and tomorrow is the solstice, so summer has finally arrived!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...