6/8/16

Places to Go/Things to Do - Snapshots of May (2016)

darcytroutman (1 of 32)

All in all May was a rather awful month.

It barely stopped raining and I had more computer problems than I ever thought possible - numerous trips to the "Genius" bar, calls to Apple Support, etc. and so much lost and disorganized data that I'm still trying to find/mourn.

Oh well, not all months can be wonderful. And luckily we ended May with a fantastic beach vacation in the Outer Banks (I'm hoping to have photos up next week).

On the upside, May's flowers were gorgeous (as I'm sure you'll see below). Now onto June!

The kids still have two more weeks of school, but at least the pool is open (I just ordered this float and this one, because they were too cute to pass up! What do you have planned for summer?

darcytroutman (2 of 32)

Despite all the rain, I had some fun times at the playground with this awesome preschooler.

darcytroutman (3 of 32)

Oh, and I photographed this flower.

darcytroutman (4 of 32)

darcytroutman (5 of 32)

darcytroutman (6 of 32)

darcytroutman (7 of 32)

Dan's whole family came over for Mother's Day, so we walked around the Tidal Basin. This is sort of embarrassing, but I had no idea that one path circled the entire basin, making it the PERFECT spring walk (despite the flooded sidewalks).

darcytroutman (8 of 32)

Guess what? More flowers.

darcytroutman (9 of 32)

F played a lot of basketball. A LOT!

darcytroutman (10 of 32)

T's still adapting to having a part-time baby sister, which basically means he tells her to "go away" all the time.

darcytroutman (11 of 32)

darcytroutman (12 of 32)

darcytroutman (13 of 32)

darcytroutman (14 of 32)

darcytroutman (15 of 32)

I chaperoned the fourth grade overnight trip to Williamsburg, Yorktown, and Jamestown, which would have been crazy cool had it not rained continuously. Cold cold rain. Almost everyone was out sick the next week (but luckily, there were flowers!!)

darcytroutman (16 of 32)

darcytroutman (17 of 32)

Ms. Awesome tried to play T's trumpet, so we gave her an iPad to make the noise stop.

darcytroutman (18 of 32)

darcytroutman (19 of 32)

More after-rain basketball.

darcytroutman (20 of 32)

Lazy afternoons INSIDE Longbranch nature center (I love that place).

darcytroutman (21 of 32)

Are you sick of the flower photos yet?

darcytroutman (22 of 32)

The girls are addicted to Musicly (along with all their friends). And I enjoy photographing the funny faces they make while filming.

darcytroutman (23 of 32)

I stole some peonies from my super-cool, always out of town neighbor. Because flowers.

darcytroutman (24 of 32)

darcytroutman (25 of 32)

darcytroutman (26 of 32)

darcytroutman (27 of 32)

We spent a very green weekend morning wandering through Huntley Meadows (love that place).

darcytroutman (28 of 32)

I also chaperoned T's National Zoo field trip, where it poured even more than the Williamsburg field trip (how is that possible?). So much cold. I think I'm done with chaperoning for awhile.

darcytroutman (29 of 32)

T contemplated life among delivery boxes.

darcytroutman (30 of 32)

Ipads on the couch.

darcytroutman (31 of 32)

darcytroutman (32 of 32)

And, FINALLY, a crazy beautiful day at the end of the month.

We're all so excited for summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...