2/3/12

Places to Go - Stories In Art at the National Gallery (Washington D.C.)

matisse

I've written about this program before (click here for the post), so I'm not going to go over the details again. Just wanted to say that this season is off to a great start - the kids all loved January's program on Matisse. February's program on Georgia O'Keeffe starts on February 12th with classes at 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, and 2:30. The program is FREE! So you can't go wrong. Plus, I love walking around the National Gallery with the girls, young children are so good at thinking out of the box and approaching things with a fresh perspective. Click here for more info.

Whatever your plans, I hope you have a good weekend! Happy February everyone!

WEEKEND LINKS:


*I can't get this photo out of my mind. Even though it creeps me out a little.

*Doesn't this song just make you happy? Really happy. Especially on a Friday.

*This rediscovered letter from a former slave to his old master has been making its way around the internet - it's quite an impressive read. Especially the line "Here I draw my wages every Saturday night; but in Tennessee there was never any pay-day for the negroes any more than for the horses and cows. Surely there will be a day of reckoning for those who defraud the laborer of his hire." Nicely stated.

*Sandy beach and rain forests. Um, wow.

*Three great photos. Really great.

*Photos of the Michigan law quad taken by my favorite photographer. I don't really miss Ann Arbor much, but it is lovely to look at from a distance.

bench

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...