Places to Go (Vacation) - "Playing" with Art at Grounds for Sculpture (Hamilton, NJ)
These photos are from WAY back in December, when we drove to NYC before Xmas. But since we're still trying to figure out our spring break plans (anyone else know what they're doing?), today seemed like a good day to post them.
The drive to NYC is only about 4-5 hours, though sometimes, if traffic backs up, it feels like forever. So I'm always looking for cool places to stop along the way and Grounds for Sculpture might be my favorite yet.
This place has SO. MUCH. ART. seriously, it's almost impossible to see it all in one afternoon. No matter how old your kids are, it's the perfect outdoor adventure during a long(ish) drive because they can run/play and you don't have to worry about them breaking things.
I can't wait to go back. Admission is $15 for adults and $10 for students (kids under 5 are free). For more info, check out their website here.
Regarding other fun stops on the way to NYC, check out these suggestions:
* The World's Largest Model Railroad (Flemington, NJ) - This place is crazy crazy cool. Definitely a must see!
* Winterthur, Delaware - Another fabulous place to run and explore. The Enchanted Woods are magical.
* Philadelphia's Please Touch Museum - Because kids like to touch.
* Philadephia's Magic Gardens - This would be a somewhat quick stop, but still a super unique place to visit.
* Any of the Baltimore museums.
* Longwood Gardens (Kennett Square, PA) - This is a little bit out of the way, but the gardens really are huge and crazy beautiful (plus, there are lots of spaces just for kids).