7/6/16

Things to Do/Places to Go (Vacation) - The Awesome Workshop (Madison, CT)

001-storyboard
002-storyboard
003-storyboard
004-storyboard
005-storyboard
006-storyboard
008-storyboard
009-storyboard
010-storyboard
011-storyboard

As many of you may or may not know, besides blogging, I also own a photography business - Darcy Troutman Photography - I photograph children & families, along with some engagements and weddings. Click here to see my website, I'm currently booking shoots for late August through September if any readers are interested. And/or you can sign up for the newsletter, which includes photography tips and (sometimes) coupons and discounts.

As a self-taught photographer, I've taken dozens of online classes. And, while I love the freedom that comes with web-based learning (no babysitters necessary!) it gets a little lonely. So when I learned that my three favorite photographer-teachers had joined forces for a three day workshop in Connecticut, I knew I HAD to be there.

If you've never seen Molly Flanagan, Jennifer Tonetti-Spellman, or Kellie Hatcher's work before, I highly suggest checking it out - their photos are crazy good. But beyond their work, they're all also cool/fun/interesting people. All three teachers not only opened up their professional secrets to us, they also opened up their lives to us.

AND IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!! Conversations altered between child raising and back button focus. How to manage a business and how to deal with a sick toddler. How to pose teenagers and how to raise teenagers.

As cheesy as it sounds, I felt like "wow, I've found my people." We drank wine and talked and shot in small groups with all the instructors. Every single participant was super cool and open and fun to be around (seriously, how great is that?).

Anyways, my new yearly goal is to try to attend a few more in-person workshops. Even though Molly, Jennifer, and Kellie all teach incredible online classes, their personalities play a huge role in how they shoot. And it can be hard to tell someone's personality through the internet.

So here's to new experiences (even for an introvert like me), putting yourself out there, and building community!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAH! it seriously must have been the coolest thing in the world. and i'm seriously going to get your digits and call you and have you explain back button focus because it just continually eludes me, ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...