10/27/10

Places to Go - The Tidal Basin & Jefferson Memorial

up

Since I started this blog, I've been wondering how long it would take before I started repeating myself. I knew it would happen EVENTUALLY, but I didn't think it would happen this soon (see my previous post here). But last week, I read on this blog, that one of the best places to see the fall colors is the Tidal Basin and the girls love the Jefferson memorial, so it just made sense to check it out. Unfortunately, the colors had not really peaked yet (we went last Wednesday, so they may be much better this week) and much of the Basin was under construction (which ended up being a plus for T, who could have watched cranes all afternoon). Nevertheless, we had a great time, all three kids love the grassy overhang area of the Jefferson Memorial, where you can people watch, water watch, and play in the grass ALL at the same time. Plus, friendly squirrels were everywhere, which made T's afternoon (along with the boating construction). We also managed to go for a walk on the river and check out the George Mason memorial (P made a toybox out of Mason's hat). All in all a great afternoon and we didn't spend a cent.

down2 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...