3/25/13

Things to Do - Random Links

untitled (62 of 66).jpg

untitled (65 of 66).jpg

(images above from our room at the Clifton Inn, Charlottesville, VA)

Around here, the arrival of spring is occurring quite slowly, as evidenced by the snow falling outside my window this morning. In honor of today's snow day, I thought I'd post some random links to start off the week.

As you've probably noticed, I changed the look of the blog somewhat - as much as I love toddler feet, we're past those days now. I went through several iterations before I came up with a header photo that felt right to me, right now I love the messiness of the above photo - the unclean counter, cookbooks left out, the wine bottle and kitchen towel in the background, crazy fridge magnets - because that's our life (for better or worse). And the spiderman mask just sort of completes it all.

Happy Monday everyone!! (And happy spring break!)

* Trippy.

* Documerica - "For the Documerica Project (1971-1977), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) hired freelance photographers to capture images relating to environmental problems, EPA activities, and everyday life in the 1970s." Many of the photos are currently on view at the National Archives, but if you can't make it to the exhibit the online collection is really impressive in itself.

* Leaning houses. For some reason, I really like these, even though the idea seems obvious enough (not that it ever occurred to me).

* Custom family portraits. Has anyone ever bought one of these? I'm somewhat tempted.

* My new favorite song. Seriously. Favorite. I. love. one. word. sentences.

* Snapshots from a surreal North Korean vacation.

* An around the world toy story.

* Spring. I really love this one.

* Perfection.

* Perhaps the most addictive blog ever (thank you Not Quite Grown Up for the suggestion!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...