1/30/15

Things to Do - Grateful List (December 2014)

christmas (1 of 1)

I basically spent December on the couch . .

ARTS
* Watching Broad City, season 1
* Watching Puberty Blues, season 2
* Watching Transparent, Season 1
* Watching Broadchurch, Season 1
* Watching The One I Love (netflix streaming)
* Watching Parks and Rec as a family (the kids love Chris Pratt and most of the inappropriate stuff goes over their heads. Plus, Leslie Knope is a pretty decent role model)
* Listening to Serial, season 1
* Watching Who Is Dayani Cristal?
* Watching Searching for Sugarman
* Reading 33 Artists in 3 Acts
* Reading Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage: A novel
* Reading Euphoria
* Reading American Innovations: Stories
* Reading Lila and Gilead

FOOD
* Yard's Park Ice Cream Jubilee
* Chipotle catering for our solstice happy hour (so. much. food.)

PLACES
* Lighthouses and trains at the US Botanic Gardens (Washington D.C.)
* Taking the kids to the Gifts that Give Hope Gift Fair (Arlington, VA)

VACATIONS (New Orleans, VA with girlfriends)
* 4 pm til 2 am on Bourbon Street (so. much. fun.)
* "Your hair looks like you're from Texas"
* Margarita pitchers at Felipe's
* Dinner with live jazz off Frenchman Street

STUFF
* My new earrings from the outdoor market off Frenchman Street
* My new winter coat
* Stick on mustaches
* Epipens (sometimes you need them)
* P and her pogo stick; F and her basketball; T and his Kindle Fire

ETC
* F writing lunch notes for her siblings (T's said "have you teacher read this to you: Eat Your Carrots!")
* P to her best friend, "I just don't understand how my parents still believe in Santa when I'm convinced he isn't real. It just doesn't make any sense."
* Friends who drive you to lunch and playgroup
* Friends who pick your kids up for school everyday and drop them off (thank you!! thank you!!)
* "Mom, I never thought you did much. But now that you broke your foot I realize that you used to do a lot." - P
* A fantastic kid-friendly NYE (Thank you Dori and Chris!!)
* Wonderful Christmas and Christmas Eve dinners with Dan's family
* Dan's parents taking the kids to Richmond for 4 days (thank you!!)

THE KIDS' LISTS:

F - my family, a nice house to live in and food to eat, that everything is so great, Christmas

P - my family, a nice house to live in and food to eat, school, gymnastics, my friends

T - my family, a nice house to live in and food to eat, the countdown to Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...