6/9/16

Things to Read - Humans of New York, Stories

darcytroutman (1 of 5)
Do you follow Brandon Stanton's blog Humans of New York? If not you're really missing out (though beware - it often makes one cry).

Anyways, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this new anthology. So many different perspectives and quotes. Even Dan could't stop reading. It's just so good. I've quoted a sampling below, but you really have to read the whole book to appreciate the scope.

darcytroutman (2 of 5)

"We met six weeks ago. And no offense to my deceased wife, but this is the love of my life."

darcytroutman (3 of 5)

"Never laid a hand on her. And that was huge for me. Because it was always the first thing my dad did."

darcytroutman (4 of 5)

"They say it's gonna snow tomorrow. Well I just got a bottle of whiskey. So let it fucking snow."

"A photo of me once hung in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, sixteen inches high."

darcytroutman (5 of 5)

"He's one day old. I still can't believe that he's real and that he came out of me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...