I don't know about everyone else, but we have a hard time finding shows to watch together.
My kids could spend hours zoning out to Disney sitcoms (Liv & Maddie, Jessie, Kickin' It), but I find them trite. Plus the content is full of stereotypes about "cool" kids and dorks (everyone is so self-mocking, but yet so beautiful). And the laugh track gets to me.
But my kids are WAY too young for most of the shows we watch (Bloodline, the League, Master of None, etc.).
So these are the five shows we've found that work for everyone (more or less).
1. Brain Games - I hate to use the word trippy in a kids' post, but I can't think of another adjective. Our brains are complex and they fool with us all the time. Plus, this show has a lot of quizzes and challenges that keep everyone entertained.
2. Once Upon a Time - I must admit, I lost interest after awhile, but the kids binge watched this like crazy. And I know a lot of families who insist this is the best thing to watch together on TV.
3. Malcom in the Middle - This is our go-to lately, especially since we live in a house with three kids. Everyone has a character with which to empathize. Several of the plots make me think, "wow, my life is a sitcom."
4. Parks & Recreation - So this one is a little iffy, the content is adult-based and some of the subject matter is a little risqué. But my kids love laughing at Andy. And Leslie Knope makes a great role model.
5. The Great British Baking Show - We haven't watched this yet, but several of my friends can't stop raving about it.
[Disclaimer- I receive compensation for posting about Netflix, but I decide what I want to write about and what I want to say.]