11/29/11

Things to Make - Paint-Your-Own American Girl T-Shirt

finished

create

As a kid, I made an iron-on-t-shirt for my Cabbage Patch Kid, Cybil Lily. Nowdays when F plays with Cybil she loves to dress her in the t-shirt I designed. So I thought it would be fun to let the girls decorate t-shirts for their dolls. I purchased a pack of 5 American Girl sized shirts from Amazon for $22 (available here) and glitter fabric paint (similar to this). On the upside, all three kids LOVED this project. On the downside, the squirt paint was a little above their skill level. Both the girls started out making pretty designs, but then ended up smearing everything together. I thought this meant a failed project, but two days later the girls couldn't wait to dress their dolls in the one-of-a-kind homemade t-shirts. The paint ended up drying very hard and VERY sparkly (lots of bling), which made all three kids happy.

CREATIVE IDEAS FROM AROUND THE WEB:

*25 Indoor Activities to Keep Your Toddler Occupied This Winter.

*My pinterest Xmas folder has several seasonal craft ideas. Click here to view it.

*This construction paper sculpture looks easy and fun.

*Interview your kids every few months and see how things change.

hold

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...