1/3/12

Places to Go (Vacation) - Navy Pier Winter Wonderland (Chicago, IL)

ferris

We spent Christmas in Chicago at my my mom's house. During our trip we took the kids to Navy Pier's Winter Wonderland festival, which is basically a well-decorated indoor carnival. The spectacle of a ferris wheel in an auditorium enchanted the girls, with each rotation F yelled "we're at the top of the world" and waved her hands towards the ceiling. The carousel and bouncee house options also kept my kids entertained for quite awhile.


If you're interested, the festival runs through this Sunday (January 8th), admission is free but wristbands for rides cost $15 per person (the price rises to $18 if you want to add on indoor ice skating). The festival also sells food and various free performances occur at different times. Click here for the performance schedule and other information.

jeep

I used to own a wrangler. And it made me very happy. Though probably not as happy as this one made T.

stage




3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Happy New Year to you and yours. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! And how I love the picture of your daughter's hair flying out. Can you elaborate on what kind of camera/lens you use? I am so new to this photography thing and barely know how to work my DSLR, but I know I want to be able to take pictures like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cath - Thanks so much for the photography compliments. I use a cannon 7D camera and the cannon 50mm 1.2 lens, but for a long time i had a rebel and you can get some really good pictures with that as well. Here's a past post on some of the books that really helped me learn - http://bedtimemonsters.blogspot.com/2011/01/things-to-read-photography-for.html. I still feel like i have a long way to go. long way.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...