1/24/12

Things to Make - 3D Construction Paper Pictures

roll

A few weeks ago, while the kids spent the morning painting, I sat at the table with them and cut construction paper into strips. I then "tinkered" with the strips (for lack of a better term) - rolling them up, cutting patterns onto them, folding them in different ways. I didn't really have a plan, it just felt nice to make something three-dimensional for a change (other than food).

Anyways, the kids started to watch what I was doing and soon they started folding and crafting their own strips. We spent the rest of the morning making pictures with our scrap-art - dogs, flowers, faces. We treated the strips like blocks and everyone (even two year old T) had some creative ideas. I think we might try this again some time, see what else we can come up with.

dog

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...