5/3/12

Things to Read - Blexbolex's Seasons

top

We often check out Blexbolex's picture book, Seasons, from the library. The kids like the pictures and it seems to help in teaching them new words. Yet, probably because of the lack of prose, I never paid very close attention to the book as a whole.

The other day, when I finally took the time to peruse every page, I was awed by how the book tells a story through illustration. Rather than divide itself into four sections, the book goes back and forth through several iterations of the seasons, incorporating highlights (harvest, flowering, discovery, picnic, abundance) and lowlights (allergy, traffic jam, torrent, sunburn, avalanche). A gorgeous diary of the passing of time. Now that I've finally taken notice of it, I'm a little obsessed.

stubbornlove

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...