2/18/14

Things to Make - The EASIEST Homemade Bread Recipe Ever (Seriously)

untitled (11 of 12).jpg

When I first read this recipe on Bleubird, my response was disbelief, as in "no way, that's just too easy." So, of course, I had to try making my own. And, turns out, it really is THIS EASY (even easier than using a bread maker) and the bread is crazy delicious. For a week, I made a loaf almost every night (until my pants started to feel a little tight, if you know what I mean). Now I save it for dinner parties and special occasions, where I feel like a superstar for bringing homemade bread.

On the downside (and, seriously, this is the only downside) - you have to start one day in advance. So plan ahead.

NO KNEAD DUTCH OVEN BREAD:

Ingredients:
* 3 cups of all-purpose flour (I've also tried using 2 cups all-purpose and 1 cup whole wheat, if you do this then add an extra 2-3 teaspoons of water)
* 1/2 teaspoon instant or rapid rising yeast (Amazon sells some here for approximately $7).
* 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
* 1 1/2 cups water

1. In a glass bowl mix together the flour, yeast, and salt. Slowly add water and mix (I used a wooden spoon).

2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for 12 hours or more.

3. THE NEXT DAY - flour your work surface and place the dough in the center. Roll into a ball-like shape.

4. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit 30 minutes.

5. While the dough is sitting, preheat the oven to 450 degrees and place your dutch oven inside the oven to warm it up. (If you do not have a french oven, a stainless steel pot with a lid or even an oven-safe bowl with aluminum foil should work just fine).

6. After 30 minutes, remove the empty dutch oven and place the dough inside. DO NOT GREASE THE BOTTOM. Bake COVERED for 30 minutes.

7. Remove the lid and bake an additional 15 minutes.

- Recipe from Bleubird.

And that's all there is to it. So so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...