3/10/11

Things to Read - Kids' Books (Recommendations from Friends)

feet
(This picture has nothing to do with books. I just like it. And I took it in Denver.)

Since I've spent the past week talking about our trip to Denver, I thought I'd ask my friends who live there for recommendations on their favorite children's books. Here's what they said (click on the icon to enter Amazon):

For ages 3-7:
Mary Had a Little Lamp
This may have replaced Harold and the Purple Crayon 50th Anniversary Edition (Purple Crayon Books) as my favorite children's book as all time. This book has it all - well-written, short, funny, plus the story's protagonist, Mary, is an independent girl who doesn't care what people think. I purchased our own copy as soon as we returned home.

The Pigeon Wants a Puppy
Mo Willems has become the new Dr. Seuss as far as children's literature goes (for other reviews of his books click here and here). The pigeon books are all quite good, the set is definitely worth it - Pigeon Pack (4 Book Set) (The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!; Don't Let Pigeon the Stay Up Late!; The Pigeon Wants a Puppy!; Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!).

Skippyjon Jones
Two of my friends recommended this one, kids love the fun phrases, like "rootin tootin kitten cabootin."
The Red Lemon (Deluxe Golden Book)

Little Blue Truck

Where the Wild Things Are
We love this one too, F always asks me to read it over and over.

Bark, George

Ladybug Girl
C recommends the whole series. We've never read these, but I've heard from several parents that they're all quite good.

For Ages 6 and Up (Read on Your Own Books):

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Box of Books
My friend's six-year old boy loves these books so much that he's walked into walls while reading them. Seriously.

Big Nate: In a Class by Himself

Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever! (Books 1-4)
_________________________

What about everyone else? Any good book recommendations?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your friends’ children’s book recommendations.

    Mike @ start buying children's books today!
    ~Book Illustrator

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...