5/27/11

Things to Do - The Last Day of School

attack

Usually I'm pretty psyched when preschool gets out - no more morning "rush" and scheduled days, more time to just chill and relax together. I like waking up in the morning and being able to decide with the kids whether we should "adventure" or just relax. But lately the girls can't stop bickering, every two minutes someone hit someone or took something. Cries of "I HAD IT FIRST" overwhelm my days. I know this is part of the deal (or so I've heard) but I didn't grow up with siblings and cousins so I escaped this part of childhood. And it sort of boggles me. I guess part of it is P finally coming into her own and refusing to act as F's lackie. But ugh, the commotion. I miss the days when they spent hours locked in their room just playing.

And, as cheesy as it sounds, this is an important summer. Next year F starts kindergarten and I feel like after that everything changes, as she'll spend more of her day away from us than with us. I know, I know, they have to grow up sometime. But this summer all three are still LITTLE KIDS and I want to cherish that. But the fighting . . oh the fighting.

WEEKEND LINKS:

*Death Cab For Cutie's new album is WONDERFUL. Available here before it releases next week.

*This seems like a good, local cause and most families have some unused, outgrown diapers laying around.

*Bloesem Kids has a roundup of online kids' magazines.

*Wonderfully stated (and something I really needed to hear/contemplate/think about).

*I really want to read this.

*Antropology has a tumblr, fun, fun (link courtesy of Bluebird Baby)

*Wow (in black and white).

*I love free stuff, especially when it's this cute.

beautiful

2 comments:

  1. I grew up with two sisters. Although they were quite a bit younger than I, I don't think that ever a day went by without a fight. Wish you a lot of patience- I guess it is worse for a parent than it actually feels for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls are definitely right there also. I think my younger daughter has finally learned to defend what she was playing with and we have had some massive meltdowns lately.

    p.s. Thanks so much for the Death Cab link...listening now and love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...