5/20/11

Things to Do - Make A Grateful List (April 2011)

prepare
Rain takes lots of preparation.

Every month I make a list of things I'm grateful for or that I really enjoy. Click here for past lists.

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
1. The Avett Brother's Live, Volume 3
2. Tracey Kidder's Mountains Beyond Mountains: Healing the World: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer
3. Kate Chopin's The Awakening and Selected Stories of Kate Chopin (Enriched Classics (Pocket))
4. Taking the girls to see Rio in the theatre (I love Jesse Eisenberg)
5. Demetri Martin's standup followed by a question and answer session at the I Street Synagogue

FOOD
6. Chicken with tomatillos & cilantro (via Washington Post)
7. Air-popped popcorn (best snack ever!)
8. Weight Watchers's Bacon, Tomato, and Cheese Strata (for Easter Brunch)
9. Baked Granola (for Easter Brunch)

ETC.
10. F creating a game called "princess saves the world"
11. My closet purge (goodbye size 4, maybe some day we will meet again, but for now I'm moving on. It was fun while it lasted, but I feel I've outgrown you.)
12. The cherry blossoms at Meadowlark Gardens ("it's raining petals")
13. T and his blue ball (or "ooh all") which for about a week he tried to take everywhere with him
14. Checking out the flowers during our evening walks around the neighborhood
15. Kids playing games in the yard and moms drinking wine on the deck
16. Waking up to a cool breeze and the sound of birds in the morning
17. Sunny days without mosquitos
18. The submarine and miniature trains at Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh (part of our spring break trip)
19. The animals habitats at Nemacolin Resort in the Laurel Highlands
20. Touring Fallingwater
21. Laurie visiting
22. F asking me "mom, in the Barbie book why do all the girls sit around and watch the boys in the pool?" "I don't know F, just sitting there watching boys looks boring to me." "I know, when I grow up I want to be in the pool, not just sitting there watching boys." (this was one of those rare parenting moments when I feel like I did something right).
23. The girls playing "forest friends" with their dolls from HazelVillage
24. My new striped tunics from Boden
25. Our annual Easter egg hunt

F's LIST - Tae Kwan Do, reading books, bare books, birds, birthday parties, my cousins, memory games, easter, recycling

P's LIST - field trips, art projects, my family, my ladybug nightlight, the pictures F draws for me, my cousins, dollies, my bunkbed

friends
Good girlfriends make life so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...