6/21/11

Things to Make - Nature Art

naturecollection
(F's nature collection is pictured above)

As I mentioned yesterday, we've been going on a lot of neighborhood walks lately. On these walks I like to take a small cotton bag and "collect" some of the beautiful wildflowers and plants we pass by (sometimes the kids help me, sometimes they don't). After we return home, I place everything we found on the kitchen table and ask the kids how we could use our "nature stuff" to make pictures. F often comes up with great ideas - long green leaves have become jack's beanstalk, a teeter totter, and Tarzan's jungle. P usually gets out the tape and randomly makes "pretty designs" with the nature stuff. Some days the kids show no interest, so I'll start my own pictures (our family in the "jungle" for example) and leave them half-undone, only to come back later and find that the kids finished them (like a coloring book).

I know it's a super simple project, but the kids seem to like it. Plus, I'm always intrigued by the designs the kids create.

HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYONE!!

OTHER CREATIVE IDEAS FROM AROUND THE WEB:

*Stamping cookies (link via DesignMom). LOVE this one!

*Teach Mama has a huge (and wonderful post) on using recyclables for kids' craft projects (which includes a downloadable PDF).

*Build a road with black electrical tape, toy cars, and blocks. Sounds like fun.

*Salt map of the earth.

*Make your own sidewalk chalk paint (with cornstarch and food coloring).

*I love this DIY woven paper gift-topper, especially since I always use newspaper to wrap gifts (which embarrasses my children).

*10 Summer Dares (a very fun list).

pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...