Things to Do - Cherish This Day & Random Links
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!! And don't forget to check out this week's awesomeness on Cherish This Day!
* Washington Post's 23 books we've loved so far this year.
* Holy crap! Did you know that you can watch a Cabbage Patch baby's birth? In person. In Georgia. I need to see this.
* Gorgeous photos of an ugly drought. "The hardest thing about photographing this project was that all of this was and is beautiful. Lake Powell looks like a prehistoric sea on the surface of another planet. The dams are all monumental achievements to man’s both genius and hubris. Even the coal plant, an easy target for photographers, ripe with clichés, was beautiful in its own way. How can you show these things without romanticizing them? Trying to figure out how to show the scale of all of these projects without making saccharine images of dams and lakes was the biggest challenge."
* The 15 most incredible beaches in America.
* Portraits of 50 Years of Marriage (link via Miss Moss).
* I LOVE LOVE LOVE this Etsy clothing store (and the prices seem reasonable, considering that each piece is made to order). (link via Miss Moss)
* A global look at family life.
* Have you seen all the vintage American postcards at Cardboard America (link via Miss Moss)? I can't stop browsing.