7/23/15

Things to Watch - 7 Great TV Dramas on Netflix Streaming



Last month I posted about comedies (click here for the post), so now it's time to get serious.

1. Bloodline - "We're not bad people, but we did a bad thing." Most addictive show ever. I could not stop watching.

2. Mad Men - No real description is needed, as everyone has heard of Mad Men by now. Worth watching for the costumes and scenic design alone. And for Roger Sterling, possibly the best TV character ever.

3. Breaking Bad - Dan found this whole show addictive, but I thought it a little too depressing to binge watch. Still who doesn't love a show where Mr. Chips turns into Scarface?

4. The Honorable Woman - This suspenseful mini-series concentrates on Israeli/Pakistan relations. Kidnappings. Abductions. So much intrigue.

5. House of Cards - Politicians are so evil. But fun to watch.

6. The Walking Dead - Personally, I'm sick of thinking about/hearing about/imagining the apocalypse. So I've never learned to love the Walking Dead, but many good friends (including Dan) insist that it's one of the best shows on TV, so I'm including the Walking Dead on this list.

7. The UP series - Last but DEFINITELY not least, this documentary series follows the lives of fourteen British citizens over a 49 year period, as they age from 7 to 56 years old. The first episode (filmed in 1964) is a little painful to watch - awful sound quality, bad editing, no thoughts as to cinematography. But over time I became somewhat obsessed with the lives of these strangers.

StreamTeamBadge

2 comments:

  1. I still need to checkout Bloodline. Yes, and Dustin binged watched Breaking Bad and I would cringe at some of the episodes. I have this thing about binge watching a cheesy USA network series every summer. Last year was Burn Notice and this year is Royal Pains. Lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOTTA check out Bloodline! I'll get on that as soon as 'Poldark' on Masterpiece Theater is over.....:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...