7/9/12

Places to Go (Vacation) - A House in the Garden District (New Orleans, LA)

corners

A few months ago, at F's grade school auction, we "won" five nights at an 125 year old house in New Orleans' garden district. At the time, I didn't know much about the garden district or New Orleans in general (I'd only been once before, with my mom when I was in my twenties, and we had a great time), but I really needed a vacation, so I bid. and bid. okay, basically i stood in front of the table assuring that nobody outbid me.

Finally, school ended, Dan's parents offered to take the kids, and Dan and I boarded a plane. BY OURSELVES!! Luckily, the house (which you can also check out and rent here) was in a fabulous location - right off Magazine Street (which is full of indy boutiques and restaurants) and only a few blocks from the St. Charles street car (which takes you right to the french quarter).

Without the kids everything seemed so QUIET. I had forgotten quiet like that even exists. For the first two days I played music nonstop to block it out. Then we adjusted. And relaxed. And drank tons of new, exciting cocktails while listening to live jazz. And I took photos, because that's what I do.

Happy Monday everyone!!

outside

The house had a great little porch - perfect for a game of cards and a cold glass of wine. People watching in New Orleans is a whole new level of entertainment.

one

1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed yourselves and the location didn't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...