7/31/12

Things to Make - Watermelon Mojitos

untitled (7 of 7).jpg

Since our trip to New Orleans, I can't stop raving about the watermelon mojitos at Jacques Imos. When I asked our waitress their secret, she said peach rum. So I came home and tried to make my own version. Pretty yummy. If I do say so myself. Here's my imprecise recipe:

INGREDIENTS: 1 small watermelon, 1 bunch of mint, 1 lime, peach rum, ginger ale, ice

1. Slice a small watermelon into medium-sized chunks. Remove the seeds and dump the chunks in a pitcher.

2. Cut up mint (at least 6 sprigs, if not more) and dump in the pitcher.

3. Dump at least a cup of peach rum into the pitcher.

4. Slice up a a lime and add the pieces to the pitcher.

5. Fill up the pitcher with ginger ale (or sprite). You can also add a few tablespoons of sugar, but I found that this made it too sweet.

6. Use a large spoon to muddle. The goal is to have the watermelon become kind of slushy but not completely liquified.

7. Add ice and drink with a straw.


RANDOM LINKS:


*100 curators in 100 days. So much wonderful art and so fun to look at.

*Ariel nudes. These are amazing.

*If I had long hair I would wear it like this every day. In fact, I sort of want long hair just for this reason.

*Vitali's bathers. I so wish we could afford one of his photos.

*Noemie Goudal.

*A guide to mixing patterns in your home.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...