5/8/15

Places to Go (Vacation) - A Bicyle Built for Fifteen, Peach Sangria, and Drag Queens During Moms' Weekend in Savannah, GA

savannah (4 of 47)

savannah (6 of 47)

savannah (5 of 47)

savannah (3 of 47)

savannah (7 of 47)

savannah (8 of 47)


In case I haven't mentioned this enough already - I love our neighborhood, it's like a party that never stops. Well, until the party moves. A good friend/neighbor/soccer coach/ awesome female was turning 40 - the perfect excuse for a celebratory weekend getaway.

Savannah is a slow town, not a lot of museums or organized activities. No open container laws (i.e. you can walk and drink). Streets full of little shops and boutiques and yummy food. Perfect for relaxation. And friends.

And drag queens.

And 15 person bicyle-like contraptions.

And sangria. PEACH SANGRIA. got to love the south.

savannah (9 of 47)

savannah (10 of 47)

savannah (11 of 47)

savannah (12 of 47)

savannah (13 of 47)

savannah (14 of 47)

savannah (15 of 47)

savannah (16 of 47)

savannah (17 of 47)

savannah (18 of 47)

I thought the slow ride pub crawl would be part drinking and part history tour. But it was 100% drinking. On a bike built for 15. With cup holders. Which we probably needed more than the history part.

savannah (19 of 47)

savannah (20 of 47)

savannah (21 of 47)

savannah (22 of 47)

savannah (23 of 47)

savannah (24 of 47)

savannah (25 of 47)

savannah (26 of 47)

Light like this doesn't exist in Arlington. So I made my friends jump around for an impromptu photoshoot. I still don't really know how to photograph Savannah's crazy intense sunset, but it was fun to experience.

savannah (27 of 47)

savannah (28 of 47)

savannah (29 of 47)

savannah (30 of 47)

savannah (31 of 47)

savannah (32 of 47)

savannah (33 of 47)

We spent a lot of time wandering around. Well, some of us used maps. And I followed the people with maps.

savannah (34 of 47)

The hat stayed on for one hot second. Not that I blame Dori for taking it off.

savannah (35 of 47)

There is something rather awesome about strolling around with a rum and coke in hand. My eyes are courtesy of Janet, who is a genius at makeup stuff. On the upside, I loved it. On the downside, I now need to learn how to make myself up. How is there always so much more to learn in life?

savannah (36 of 47)

Janeese found an online list of the top 25 things to do in Savannah. Number 16 was a drag show with Lady Chablis. When in Rome . . .

savannah (37 of 47)

savannah (40 of 47)

savannah (38 of 47)

savannah (39 of 47)

savannah (41 of 47)

savannah (42 of 47)

Lady Chablis had a missing front tooth, a bad attitude, and kept talking about her pussy juice (ick). In other words, Lady Chablis was sort of a bust. But her friends kept us entertained.

savannah (43 of 47)

After numerous failed weight loss attempts (I still blame my extra 10 pounds on December's broken foot), this is my new diet plan - find a drag queen to accompany me everywhere. All of a sudden I'm tiny. As in TINY!!

savannah (44 of 47)

savannah (45 of 47)

savannah (46 of 47)

savannah (47 of 47)

On our last night we ate dinner at Billy's Place, which was pretty much perfect. Amazing food (as in AMAZING!!!), great service, and a female "piano" man who takes requests (yes, I did cry during "In My Life", wouldn't you?), but was quiet enough that we could still talk and bond and drink. and drink. and drink. Seriously, five stars all the way.
____________

So that was last weekend. This weekend involves a return to "real life" (i.e. back to back soccer games, sleepovers, and cocktails on the porch). Whatever you're up to, I hope it's fantastic!! Happy Friday!!





3 comments:

  1. such a fabulous weekend with fabulous people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've driven through GA many times but never stopped to enjoy or sight see. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Beautifiul photos!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...