5/7/15

Things to Read - On the Bookshelf (2nd/3rd Grade Edition, May 2015)

Painted in Waterlogue

I asked the girls to review their recent reads -

1. A Single Shard - F's review: I really enjoyed a single shard. The plot was incredible, and the ending has a twist. The main character, Tree-ear, is an orphan who lives with Crane-man under a bridge. Than Tree-ear gets a job working for a very talented potter named Min. There is a ton of adventure and tragedy, but not too sad. The book is incredible. I recommend it to kids 9-100.

2. Brown Girl Dreaming - F's review: I LOVED this book! The poems are incredible, and inspiring. It is the story of the author, Jackie Woodson, growing up. She describes the land and sadness of the time when blacks and whites were segregated. There are poems about her older brother and sister, and her younger brother. I recommend it to kids 9-100.

3. Superheroes (Amelia Rules!) - F's review: I really enjoyed this book. It is part of a series of books called Amelia Rules!. As you have probably guessed, it is about a girl named Amelia. This specific one is about when her club, G.A.S.P. (gathering of awesome super pals,) becomes famous. Everybody is trying out to be part of the team! I recommend this hilarious comic to kids 8 to 100.

4. The Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels - P's review: I like these books because they are interesting. They are also funny.

5. Garfield Sings for His Supper - F's review: I really love Garfield comics! This fat cat will bring a smile to your face when you read his books! It is about his adventures with his owner, the household dog, Odie, and the owner's girlfriend. It has everything from camping to candy! I recommend to kids 1 day old to 100 years old.

1 comment:

  1. Tell F that Garfield play is coming to adventure theater!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...