5/29/15

Things to Do - Grateful List (April 2015)

three (1 of 1)

ARTS
* Listening to Sufjan Stevens' Carrie & Lowell
* Listening to Borns' Candy album
* Listening to Family of the Year's Loma Vista album
* Listening to the Augustines' self-titled album
* Reading Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's "Learned"
* Reading The Girl on the Train
* Reading River Town: Two Years on the Yangtze

FOOD
* Chickpea and kale shakshouka
* Dinner: A Love Story: It all begins at the family table
* Rainbow chip cake, lamb chops, and spring risotto from Date Night In: More than 120 Recipes to Nourish Your Relationship
* Dan's dinner party feast - braised short ribs, chickpea salad, and rasberry trifle
* Chipotle salsa from IT'S ALL GOOD: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great
* Strawberry thyme lemonade

PLACES
* The playground after school - soccer and "diamond mining"
* P scoring the first goal of the season
* Walking 15.5 miles with Janeese to the National Mall and back (even though we found ourselves lost/trapped in Arlington Cemetery)
* Date night with T - Guapos and Shane, the movie

ETC.
* P coining the phrase "I sister love you". Basically I love you because you're my brother.
* Drinks with the Ruizes after a miserable Friday
* Team Tay vs. Team K and the endless 2nd and 3rd grade debates between Katie Perry & Taylor Swift
* Happy hour on our porch
* The girls' dog walking business
* T and F always playing football after dinner
* Straight As for F and great report cards for T and P
* "Mom, do you know what's crazy, the bad guys think we're the bad guys?" - T

VACATION (the drive back from spring break in Chicago)
* Homewood Suites Toledo (for helping me take care of a sick F)
* The Carnegie Museum of Art & Natural History (Pittsburgh, PA)
* "Have courage and be kind" (the best of Cinderella's cheese)

THE KIDS' LISTS:

F - sweets, dog walks, books, my teacher, my friends, The Babysitters' Club Comics, poetry, writing, Jacqueline Woodson, my family, a nice house to live in and food to eat

P - Our sleepover at Estee's house, Target, soccer, school, my friends, our new room, my family, our dog walking business

T - watching Gortimer Gibbons, Easter at my cousins' house, going to the park with daddy, my new shoes, watching the storm, the Natural History museum field trip, watching Westerns with daddy, rainbow chip cake

1 comment:

  1. you show me that rainbow chip cake!!! you know what else I'd like to see?? I'm So Helpful in giving blog post inspiration, ha ha ha! I'd love to see the girls' room (rooms?)! I know they are right around J's age and I do so love me some kid room inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...