5/13/15

Things to Eat - Easy, Healthy Snacks

pops (1 of 3)

pops (3 of 3)

pops (2 of 3)


I'm not always the best at healthy snacks, often I just throw out a box of cookies and call it a day. But my goal is to try harder. Either way, healthy is such a slippery concept and I'm not sure these snacks will fit everyone's definition. But at least, they're all better for you than potato chips.

So please help, we could use some new ideas. Any suggestions?? Trail mix and other things with peanut butter are always out for us . .

AFTER SCHOOL:

* Smoothies

* Parfaits with fresh fruit, granola, and yogurt

* Baked apples

* Popcorn

* Cinnamon maple caramel popcorn

* Homemade popsicles - We love everything in People's Pops: 55 Recipes for Ice Pops, Shave Ice, and Boozy Pops from Brooklyn's Coolest Pop Shop (though "healthy" might be somewhat of a misnomer).

* Apples with almond butter

* A big bowl of grapes on the counter (if I leave these out all afternoon, I'll find the grapes gone by dinner)

* Banana "soft serve"

* Fruit salad

* Mangoes (which deserve their own category because they really are so so yummy)

BEFORE DINNER:

* Kale chips (I've found these work best if I buy bags of prewashed kale).

* Edamame

* Peppers, cucumbers, and carrots

* Crackers and cheese

ON ADVENTURES:

* Raisins

* target="new"Somersault snacks

* Z Bars

* Pistachios

* Prepackaged bags of popcorn

* Bags of apple slices

1 comment:

  1. It is imperative that we read blog post very carefully. I am already done it and find that this post is really amazing. Best Healthy Snacks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...