3/13/12

Things to Make - Paintings with Watercolor Crayons and Watercolor Pencils

create

A few weeks ago, while attending a Stories in Art class at the National Gallery, F had the opportunity to work with watercolor crayons. I had never seen these before, so I bought some from Amazon for approximately $15 (Staedtler Karat Aquarell Premium Watercolor Crayons, 223M12) and now we can't stop painting with them. The kids like to combine the watercolor crayons with watercolor pencils, using the pencils for details and the crayons for wide areas. They're really fun to work with - less messy than paint, more creative and colorful than crayons. And I really enjoy that all the kids can work with them, from T at 2.5 years old to F at 6.5 years old. I think I'll bring a set, along with some brushes, on our next vacation, as they seem like an easy art material to travel with.

banner

We made another banner to surprise Dan when he came back from a long worktrip. The banner also helps conceal that I still haven't purchased counter stools. Ugh, major purchases stress me out (am i crazy for thinking of counter stools at a major purchase? I want them to match the table and chairs that I still don't own. Decorating is hard.).

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of watercolor crayons! Looks like a must try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watercolour crayons- I also loved to draw/ paint with them when I was a kid (I always had from "neocolor" from "caran d'ache").
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...